In the Basha High School band program, students are encouraged to explore their own creativity within the settings of individual, small and large ensembles. Each experience provides students with a chance to explore interpretation, storytelling, creation, and performance skills. In addition, students are welcome to incorporate outside experiences and creations into the program, fostering a sense of community investment.
At Basha High School, multiple concert bands, jazz bands, percussion, guard, guitar, and theory courses are offered. Students at all levels discover a performance opportunity best suited for their skills and interests. Some recent highlights of the program include:
- Trumpet player selected the the AZ All-State Jazz Band 1 (top band)
- Bear Regiment (marching band) marched in both the Holiday Bowl (San Diego, CA) and Fiesta Bowl (Phoenix, AZ) parades
- 2 Guard members selected for the 2015 Great American Marching Band for the Macy’s Parade
- Current students and alumni marched with various world class drum corps this summer
- Diverse ensembles have consistently received Superior ratings at local and regional festivals
- The Basha Indoor Percussion Ensemble (BIPE) won an unprecedented 8 straight WGAZ indoor championships
- The Basha Winterguard (BWG) won the 2015 WGAZ Scholastic AA Championship
- Several students have been selected for Region and All-State festival participation, in addition to receiving scholarships for music study in college
- …and more, changing daily!
All students interested in exploring music, finding their own musical voice, and sharing that voice in a safe and collaborative space are welcome in the Basha Bands. We pride ourselves in the open opportunity for experimentation and innovation through music exploration that students can find.
– Donated by Benjamin Mesnik